Friday, October 14, 2011

Cotton harvest

A bale of cotton

Clearly I exaggerated when I said cotton bales were the size of railroad cars. Unfortunately, there's nothing in this photo that gives you any perspective, but they are BIG. I had difficulty getting this photo. Every time I drove through the field there was something going on-- lots of big machines, people, trucks. I didn't feel comfortable taking photos-- like a tourist-- of my neighbors working. And to tell the truth, this wasn't the photo I wanted at all. I wanted a shot of the field I showed you the other day. It was the first picked.


But I couldn't get it. The one I took is on the other side of the road.

Fortunately, my issue of Cotton Farming came yesterday. It has a good picture for scale.

Big machines
 From Cotton Farming, vol. 55, no. 10, p. 10. October 2011. More pictures at the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.