Saturday, October 15, 2011

Web log. See it? Blog.

Technically speaking, a blog is a log of what you've seen on the (world-wide) web.

As the kids are getting older, I’m turning over household chores to them. Teaching responsibility and all. Last night, it was kitty litter.
Me: It’s time you started emptying the cat litter.

Junior: I don’t want to.

Me: They’re your cats. Time you take some responsibility for them.

Junior: No. I don’t want to.

Me: This is not a negotiation, you do not get a say, and what you want will not change the outcome.

There was a lot of whining and fussing but we made our way to the litter box where I showed her the scoop and the bags. I even held the bag for her. And she thought she was done. When I reminded her that we had another litter box to empty. More whining.

Junior: I already did one. You do the other.

Me: No, Babe, you’re going to be responsible for your pets.

Junior: Fine!

Me: Doesn’t having cats suck?

Junior: No! You suck!
Hat tip to Instapundit who links to Say Uncle, a blog mostly about guns. Incidentally, this weekend there was a post about parenting at PJM, Four Small Things Good Parents Do That Hurt Their Kids in Big Ways.

My mother spanked me. Spanked, not beat. One time Mom spanked me with a wooden spoon and it broke. Really. She was wailing away and smacked me on the knee and the spoon broke. I was 16. She wasn't really going to do any damage. It was funny. For both of us. We saw the absurdity of her trying to control my actions with a wooden spoon, at my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.