Sunday, May 13, 2012

Today was Mothers' Day

I've chatted with a number of mothers the past few days. Most recently, I chatted-- from the parking lot of the Kroger just to the north of Tupelo-- with Mom, some time after 5pm. And Mr. Big Food's Mom and I swapped "Happy Mothers' Day!" greetings early in the day.

There was a card waiting for me at the Farm from Kat & Tony. One of the first things I did when I brought the mail in was open the card. Miss M. had called again and we were able to chat a bit. Daughter C. made me a chocolate dessert. It was good. While I was talking to Mom, Mr. Big Food was in the Kroger in Tupelo getting some ribeyes 1/2 price, and some Texas Toast bread.

I picked a very large salad. It's been rainy and relatively cool here. The lettuce has gone wild. (It is not hard, once you get the hang of it, to grow your own salad, at least in the spring.) Mr. Big Food grilled the ribeyes, and fixed up some butter & things to spread on the bread slices to make garlic toast. It's good, but homemade would have been better. Thing is, we were traveling and we didn't have time to make homemade bread. But store bought bread slathered with some butter thing is much better that frozen garlic bread. 
 
There are some ladies I know in Cincinnati who are mothers and caregivers in the crappy old sense of 'caregiver.'  They care about things. They believe people are smart & good. They are smart & good.

Why they are not Libertarians is beyond me.

It was good to see them.

Thanks, Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.