Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"I don't like it in here"

"Well. That's just too bad."

"It smells bad."

"Rrrruuuuufff!"

"Well! I never! I do my best to smell good. What are you saying, my 'friend'? That I smell as bad as this room?"

"ruff."

"Honestly, Marica, it does smell ... funky in here, doesn't it?"

"Ruff?"

"Where in the world did you hear that word, Missy?"

"Well, you suggested I increase my vocabulary. I think I've gotten a 'quote unquote' classical vocabulary nailed but what I lack is a 'colokeelal' vocabulary, so while you've been out doing God knows what these last few days, Rocky and I have been watching those DiNoMite dvds and I took note of 'funky.' I thought it one one those words I could use every six months or so for impact-- you know, to impart a greater shade of meaning to my thoughts. And I do see that it has made an impact."

"Ruff!!"

"Good for you, Missy. It does smell funky in here."

"You know, Marica, sometimes you get sidetracked. I don't like it in here."

"Well. That's just too bad."

1 comment:

  1. That smell will take _for-everrr_ to go away, but what my mom used to do when something used to "stink up" the house was to take a piece of aluminum foil, fold it in half, then again in half, and put a teaspoon or so of cinnamon on it. Put it on a burner at very low heat and let it heat/burn. Makes everything smell nice - at least for a while.

    Of course, baking cookies or some such would have the same effect, but I'm assuming you have other things to do...!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.