Tuesday, May 21, 2013

No. 5? No. 5?

Here you go:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
[My emphases] 

I, myself, have never had to invoke my Fifth Amendment Right against self-incrimination because I have never broken the law

Speaking of which we-- Caroline & Mr. Bow Tie, Kat & Tony, The Librarian, Mr. Big Food & I-- went to see a picture show this evening! Neither Mr. Big Food nor I have been to a picture show theater in a long time. I wasn't sure what to expect regarding No. 2. 

After we'd gotten out tickets, we-- everyone except Mr. Bow Tie-- loitered around the entrance awaiting Mr. Bow Tie's arrival. While I loitered, I carefully read every single sign and paid particular attention to The Rules.

I pulled up my pants. I took off my hat. I turned off my cell phone.*
After having made these minor adjustments, when Mr. Bow Tie arrived I was able to just stroll into the theater.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable show. No one messed it up by yelling "Fire!" 

*Tony did have on a questionable T-Shirt. It said, "Freedom." No one at the theater in Starkvegas found No. 1 offensive so he was able to just stroll in, too. 

1 comment:

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.