Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring, 1924

I have in my library of crappy old books an entire collection of cheap reprinted Zane Grey novels. I'm still tracking down the story on the collection. The volumes all look the same, but the dates are suspect.  For those interested, this is the best explanation I've found.

It's taken me a day or two to figure out how to efficiently catalog them all-- there must be 75 or more and I was not inclined to slog through the differences between "Black's Reader Service Company, New York" and "Walter J. Black, Roslyn New York." 

I finally figured out how to efficiently hold the book in my hands and explore it for a minute or two.

I'm glad I did because if I hadn't, I might have missed this:








I wonder if Hicks, Thompson and Nordstrom were Boy Scouts back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.