Friday, May 31, 2013

I've Been Meaning to Pay Attention to This

but I haven't gotten around to it.

Apparently, some smart woman has figured out the our obesity problem can be solved if women were subsidized by the gov'ment to stay at home and cook home cooked meals. I'll do some research. I think The Grey FemiNazi Paper of Record saw fit to publish her opinion, but I haven't read it. So I can't, in good conscious, trash it.

The criticisms I've read focus on time. Who has time to cook?

Again, I've not read the op-ed so I am in no position to opine. 

But I can tell you about Friday supper, here at the Farm.

Filet Mignon on the grill. Rosemary sauteed potatoes.

I'm just a housewife vegetable farmer with a knack for statistics who loves crappy old books. But Mr. Big Food is the Real Deal. He has a Real job.

I picked Mr Big Food up at his Real job and we proceeded to do the rest of our errands, including a spot of grocery shopping.

And wouldn't you know, he said to me on the way home, "Hey. How 'bout we not go out to eat? How about I grill these filets?"

And I said, "How about some rosemary sauteed potatoes?"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.