Sunday, January 20, 2013

Saturday in Mississippi Part 2: Check, Please!

The Station Cafe, we've stopped here before!
We took some back roads from Jackson to the Farm today and passed The Station Cafe. (Yes. I do know that "cafe" is a French word, and that the "e" should be "é" but that's not the way the woman who runs The Station Cafe spells it. I'm just trying to be true.) The notable thing about The Station Cafe is that the woman who runs it and her daughter do all of the cooking on a George Foreman Grill. Mr. Big Food and I wonder-- since it's still in business and all-- if maybe she hadn't bought a second grill.

~~

All of the above is an aside to the main point of this post.

We arrived back on the Farm to find Daughter C. and Mr. Bow Tie, who are spending the weekend in the new & improved guest room. After we'd settled in, I thought a couple of tea would be nice. And, I was informed that Daughter C. wanted some popcorn. There were many takers on the tea, and I don't mind at all popping corn with our crappy old popcorn popper.

All three of them were snuggled on the couch and looked so cozy, I didn't mind a bit bringing them their tea and popcorn. As I did, they handled me in unison their checks and payments.




And they tipped me, too! How awesome. I'm saving tips for a new gun! 

I was a bit disappointed by this:

Miss M. gave me all smiley faces. Click to enlarge and see that Daughter C. was no happy with her surrounds.
Sigh. I'll try to do better. 
~~

By the way-- the preferred sheets for the guest room bed are those 1000 count cotton ones in the chest-of-drawers which really do need to be ironed. My iron went missing a few months ago. It was last seen in Starkvegas sitting atop my ironing board. The new & improved iron, along with new but still crappy ironing board, is in the laundry room. Just in case anyone was wondering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.