Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Books!

It's been a very book-oriented day. 

1.) I received a package in the mail today-- a Mothers Day gift from Kat!


A 5" x 30" matted photo Kat took of the interior a bookstore in Salem, Massachusetts. click to enlarge.
My photo of Kat's photo does not do her photo justice. Hers is stunning. There are so many bits of color! Miss M and I were chatting about the colors this evening as we were thinking about how to frame it and where to hang the finished product. We have a plan!

But. We will run our ideas past the professional in the house before we commit. 
Daughter C, 

We are thinking of hanging it above the buffet (where the mirror is). Double matting as we did with the boot and the pig. Off white for the larger mat, red for the secondary. Gold frame-- sort of ornate in keeping with the formality of the dining room. I like the juxtaposition of a semi-ornate frame (like the mirror has) with the clutter of the books in the photo, which mimics the clutter of the books in the other areas of the great room.

Note also that there are no books in the dining room. So this framed photo-- proportionately scaled to like 17" x 42" (minus frame width)-- puts books in the dining room without actually putting books in the dining room.

What do you think?

Love, 

Mom  
2.) While I was on the phone with Kat thanking her for the book photo, she clued me into some free software for book inventorying. I learned Evernote this afternoon and have cataloged more than 70 of my ~1200+ volumes!

Okay-- Evernote is not for book inventorying. But I can use it to do my book inventory.

3.) Late this afternoon I received a Pintrest notification: Miss M had posted something to out shared board, G.M.O.Y.A:


Books! They are everywhere.
 


2 comments:

  1. That sounds great! Would you keep the mirror where it is? and hang above the mirror or below? Between the buffet and the mirror?

    Daughter C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd move the mirror above the setee. I like that seating area but the wall has always looked sort of bare to me. What do you think?

      Delete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.