Friday, October 12, 2012

A Brief Exchange

I had given my keys to Miss M. to put in her purse. As we were boarding the elevator, I asked for them. My keys and her keys had become entangled. We had the following brief exchange:

Miss M.: Mom! Do you have a whistle? 

She has a whistle on her key chain.

Miss M.: MOM! DO YOU HAVE A WHISTLE?

ME: No, Sweetie, I

Miss M.: Oh right. You have a gun.

Me: That's right.

To set the record straight, I do have a whistle, but it's not on my key chain-- although that's not a bad idea-- and my gun is not on my key chain, either. 



2 comments:

  1. If only Aesop had been presented with this dilemma... "The Gun or the Whistle."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. I've been doing Aristotle all day & you hit me with Aesop!?

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.