Friday, October 5, 2012

So today, I was visited by a nice lady representing Research Triangle Institute

which has contracted with the United States Public Health Service.

She seemed like a nice lady. But I ain't answering any questions.

I admit, I was sort of torn. I think she was from NC. She wore a cure little outfit, and her car was a beater.

She probably gets paid to put addresses to places that can't be found, e.g. The Farm.

I am sympathetic. I cautioned her to mind the fire ant hill at the end of the sidewalk. To which she replied,  "I didn't know what fire ants were until I came down here." Poor Dear.

But I'm not answering any questions.

4 comments:

  1. What kind of questions??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll expand on this as I have a chance-- but drug, tobacco, alcohol use. Unbelievable.

      Delete
  2. Sort of "none of your d.m business" questions?

    I'd be torn too. I don't use any of the above - so it would be sort of hard not to answer their questions - but I don't see any justification for it either.

    Are there any laws that require answers - like the census bureau has?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much "why is it the proper function of the federal government to inquire" sorts of questions. What I find hilarious is that my county is DRY-- can't possess, consume, make, transport alcohol. I do none of the above. I also don't cook meth. But shouldn't they start from the presumption that we are all law abiding citizens?

    Re: Laws that require answers. No one ever lies.

    We are in a bit of a ... how to say... restructuring event here at the farm. When I have some time, I'm going to research this. Should be a hoot.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.