Saturday, March 31, 2012

Earth Hour

"Uniting people to protect the planet." Sounds like a good idea. But I have a few questions.
Don't get me wrong. I think it is our responsibility to be good stewards. As my fellow Mississippians would say, we are blessed to be entrusted with Earth's care. We should act in ways that honor this blessing. And so we shall. 

I've been looking for shades for these two lamps for months.
Tonight at 8:30 Central, we will turn on some lights to honor Thomas Edison, one of God's more ingenious creatures. 

~~
By the way, those are real encyclopedias.  I can read them when the lights go out.




3 comments:

  1. What kind of shades? glass? cloth?

    I haven't been commenting recently - my life has changed and time is of the essence - however, we have a lighting store...so your quest falls under the professional category. Maybe not specifically - we actually sell more light bulbs than accoutrements, like light shades - but I can direct your search somewhat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass would be lovely! Put cloth probably more suited to the lamps (I can't figure out what the base is made of).

    Isn't your daughter having a baby soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby was born Jan 30... I spent the couple of weeks prior with my son's family in Texas, then drove north to Ok to stay with her for her first two weeks. Not a whole lot of computer availability...no bookmarks...that kind of thing. I don't have a laptop, so had to depend on the available facilities without imposing.

    Baby was 9 lbs 2 oz, and she had to have a Cesarian. She was pretty wiped out.

    Browse this site:

    http://www.wndesherbinin.com/

    They might have something you'd like. Fair warning: they have a $25 minimum. Not including shipping. But they have a terrific selection...

    I might be able to do better for you if you _do_ find something - though there's nothing I can do about shipping. I hate paying UPS, but it beats walking!

    You're probably wise to skip glass, even if you prefer it - I'd worry about the "tip over" factor. Those bases are pretty small - they'd have to be really heavy to be safe with glass shades...

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.