Thursday, March 22, 2012

Followup: Farm Safety & Government Intrusion

Crappy old books / Research materials
This is a followup post about the Department of Labor's efforts to make it illegal for a kid to do farm work.

With no citation to the 85 page DOL thing, I assumed that the motivation for rules that would make it illegal for a kid to operate a cordless drill was The Safety of The Children. 

This got me thinking about Safety through the ages.

And so I walked around and accumulated a few crappy old books that I thought might have something to say about tool safety.

The top book is one of my favorite books, Shopwork on the Farm, by Mack M. Jones, M.S. It was published in 1943 by McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, Inc. (New York, London). From its Index:

 
I want to read a bit more before I say anything more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.