Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sounds

It's Spring, and so there are a lot of sounds.


Actually, it's been Spring for quite some time. I'm not going to go back and look, but it would be interesting to see when I first mentioned the peepers. They are still going strong. And the turtles are on the move. Turtles are not quiet.

The window is open again.

Fortunately, both Missy & Rocky have the gene that codes for catching flying bugs.

Bugs are going to be a problem this year.

On the other hand, and I'll grant that we haven't lived here all that long, it looks to me like there are a fair number of birds. They are really quite loud. I think they are well fed. So I think, with the exception of the carpenter bees and red wasps and fire ants, I'll just let things be, except for the Sevin dust on the squash. I cannot abide a squash borer. 

Mr. Big Food loves summer squash. I've disappointed him the last couple of years. I'll try to make it up to him. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.