Friday, March 9, 2012

Recipe: Hawaiian Banana Bread

I made two loves (2/3 of the recipe) last Monday. It is a classic dark, moist banana bread with real character if you're careful to not over-mash the bananas. With a cup of coffee or tea if is a delightful mid-morning snack. 

Sorry, no photo. My computer is still drying out and I'm just not risking plugging my camera into this stupid computer with a keyboard that was designed by a moron.

Recipe below.


HAWAIIAN BANANA BREAD

Makes 3 loaves

3 C sugar
1 ½ C shortening
9 ripe mashed bananas
6 eggs, beaten well
3 ¾ C cake flour
1 ½ tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350o. Cream together sugar and shortening, and add banana and eggs. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda 3 times. Blend together wet and dry ingredients but do not overmix. Pour batter evenly into 3 lightly greased loaf pans. Bake 50 minutes.

[The loaves I baked took about 10 minutes longer; at the 50 minute mark I turned the oven down about 25*.]

1 comment:

  1. This one I'm going to have to try. The kids love banana bread!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.