Sunday, November 6, 2011

All I wanted to do was post about Memphis Bar-B-Que

As I mentioned, the girls are coming. So I thought I could whup up a few simple posts now, and schedule them to post later. But I got side-tracked.

MAIN TRACK:

Daughter K arrives by air at the Memphis Airport (MEM) at 6pm Tuesday. K & I were negotiating about Tuesday's supper. Mr. Big Food has already planned the menu for the week, and we have shopped for it. But K suggested that since she was going to be in Memphis, Memphis Tennessee, she would enjoy Memphis Bar-B-Que. Who could blame her? She has been living in LA. But K has no conception of where MEM is in relation to Memphis. I'm not driving into Memphis to get Rendezvous carry out. (I refuse to eat in that place.) Who could blame her, other than me?

I relayed all of this to Mr. Big Food who figured out that there's a Top's B-B-Q in Southaven. Problem solved.

SIDE TRACK:

As I was getting ready to promote Top's, and was thinking about some issues surrounding Daughter C picking Daughter M et al. up at MEM at 11:00pm on Wednesday, my little brain cells wandered to "one if by land, two if by sea" and what do you do about three four by air?

This makes me want to be a pessimist.

Okay. I had the search phrase wrong.
Restaurant. Wikipedia. Climate change. Restaurant. Restaurant. NatGeo-- that's heartening. Not. I'll soon be posting on Ned Flander's Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.