Friday, November 18, 2011

Best Fall Soup Contest Winner? Contestant #2

Slow Cooker Potato Cheese Soup with Wieners

We each get a vote. (We are making up the rules to this contest as we go along.) The vote is 2-0 in favor of this potato soup. Not that we didn't like the previous winner (having been the first contestant), Beer Cheese Broccoli Soup, but we both liked this better. (Recipe at second link.)

I'll post photo and recipe tomorrow.

I liked the potato in this soup. It provided some texture that, in retrospect, I think was missing in the previous soup. I don't mind a bit of grittiness in Fall soups. I like starches that are falling apart. The wieners are just a hoot.

This was Mr. Kant's Farewell Supper.  

I don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but I like Mr. & Mrs. Kant's kids.  They are refreshing. They remind me that kids can still be kids.

~~
There aren't as many leeks coming up as I had wished. I was hoping for one really smooth potato leek soup next Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.