Saturday, November 26, 2011

Egg Bowl Morning Predictions

1. I predict I will see a lot of this over-priced stuff today, and that the more I think about the relationship between Big Business and Big College Sports, the more ticked off I will become.
You can't get to the Athletics page without going past this advertisement.
2. I predict the "highly-anticipated" matchup has a fair chance of turning out to be not all that good a game.
I predict by the end of the evening, one of these two teams will have a(nother) conference win.
Let's not forget that TSUN's coach and athletic director are gone after this game. And the Dawg's coach called last week's game "worst ever." Enthusiasm. 

3. I predict the chicken wings Mr. Big Food will drop off at the tailgate at 2:30pm (before the roads on campus are closed) will be gone before you can say, "Best chicken wings ever."

4. I predict by the end of the evening, many people will be miserable, despite what the score will be. From the National Weather Service:

[Keep reading for two more predictions.]

STRONG THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THESE STORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ALONG AND AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT THAT WILL BE MOVING ACROSS THE REGION. THE COLD FRONT IS EXPECTED TO BE JUST EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER BY MIDNIGHT AND SOUTHEAST OF THE OUTLOOK AREA WELL BEFORE SUNRISE.
5. I predict I will hear a lot of talk about bowl eligibility at the tailgate, and that I will ignore it as best I can. 

6. I predict that my hatred of ESPN, Worldwide Leader in Screwing with Fans' Weekends will grow deeper than it already is. See #2. Gametime 7pm ET. That's 6pm for those of us who run on central time.  It is the 5th night game in a schedule which had 6 home games.

Go Dawgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.