Sunday, December 11, 2011

Birch and Green Holly

That last post on the scuffle in Cincinnati basketball reminded me of this. 


I've been waiting for just the right time to post that.
"None of them guys on their team is like me. We got disrespected."
No doubt. We are all special, and deserve respect, don't you know?

Birch & green holly comes from


My habit is to put citation information in the caption. This one is tough. The book has no standard back page-- all it says is, "Printed in Great Britain."


Throughout, the photos are "Copyright 1897." So it's another crappy old book I'm thinking was first published 114 years ago. Some of the information about the publisher is on the right-hand page, above.

Of note, the inside cover has a stamp that says,

DUNKIRK
PUBLIC SCHOOLS
LIBRARY

Class No. ____ Accession No. [and in handwriting] 5245

So this book must have belonged to Dad. 

~~
Back to my point:
Birch and green holly, boys,
Birch and green holly.
If you get beaten boys, 
'Twill be your own folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.