Saturday, December 31, 2011

Soup Contest Entrant #4: Chili Soup

Not chili, chili soup!*

For me, it's a tie. Mr. Big Food is still thinkin' on it. I've got it tied with Slow Cooker Potato Cheese Soup with Wieners (here, and here).

If you are new to this game, we're having a Fall/Winter Soup Contest. This is the 4th entrant. There have been several disqualified entrants, namely Leftover Turkey Gumbo and Across the Garden Soup. (We make up the rules to this contest as we go along.)

Mr. Big Food thought he was pulling one over on me. He explicitly said he wasn't going to tell me what was in this soup until after I'd tried it. Please. I see the menu. I shop the aisles (he shops the periphery). And I saw that he didn't begin to fix supper until about 15 minutes before supper time. I had a pretty good idea what was in this soup. Clearly, I was not biased by this knowledge. 

"Recipe" below the fold
CHILI SOUP

1 can condensed bean with bacon soup
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 can chili without beans (preferably Wolf brand chili)
1 soup can water
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat. Eat with homemade tortilla chips.
~~

To make homemade  chips, cut flour tortillas into eighths. Fry in a skillet with vegetable oil, turning to brown both sides. Drain on paper towels. 
~~

Posts on soup contest entrant #1, Beer Cheese Broccoli Soup here, and here


Posts on soup contest entrant #2, Slow Cooker Potato Cheese Soup with Wieners here, and here.

Posts on soup contest entrant #3, Corn and Sausage Chowder, here and here
~~

The photo caption has an asterisk. We've been watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory while we fix supper. Funny show. One of the main characters is from East Texas. When offered some chili, he asked, "Are there beans in it?" Yes. "Then it's not chili." 

I'll remind you that Mr. Big Food, who's also from East Texas, won the chili cook-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.