Thursday, September 5, 2013

Another Day, Another Cookout!

Mr. Big Food and I are making the rounds 'round campus grilling Boca Burgers™, Ballpark Franks™ and Walmart Burgers™ for starving artists and thinkers.* [where "starving' modifies both artists and thinkers]

Yes. That is a County School Bus on Campus. Get over it.
And yes, that is a charcoal fire. With wood chunks. And yes, carbon dioxide is being released into the atmosphere. And that Big Crappy Old Oak Tree is Loving it.
Breathe Deep Crappy Old Oak Tree.
Students are in charge of these events. I try to not interfere too much. 

Guidance: Prepare the ketchup & mustard bottles by taking the little paper things off the lids before the dogs & burgers are ready.
I do what I can to help. I've come to enjoy toting a grill on a trailer to and fro.

I do what I can to help. 

I'm self-teaching how to back up with a trailer attached. 

That's one of of those Country Boys Will Survive Sorts of Things.

~~

I had in mind that I might talk about a new crappy old book. But I'm not gonna. It was hot today. I'm putting in the fall garden. I had to tote the ... .

G'night. 

3 comments:

  1. Backing up a trailer is an art. The next art is learning to follow someone's directions when they're trying to tell you where they want you to back up. When you're in the driver's seat looking into a rear view/side mirror and the person says "turn left", or "turn right"...do they mean your left or their left? Personally, I favor arm signals - pointing to the direction they want you to go.

    By the way, after you've mastered the skill, if you ever get to drive with a goose neck or fifth wheel trailer - completely different ball of wax! Not difficult, except you have to constantly over-ride your previously learned backing up skills! Easier to back up, actually - but there are those old habits...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An art, you say? Maybe that's my problem. I approach it as a science!

    John does a good job guiding me with hand signals. My prob is that I like to back up by turning around in my seat and looking out the window! Crappy old school way of doing it.

    My other problem is that I once backed over the trailer while backing up and took out a huge chunk of truck. That was the old truck. Don't want to do that with the semi-new truck.

    Practice. Practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend large empty parking lots and several tough empty plastic items - cones, trash cans ... that sort of stuff. Use both the lines that are in the parking lot, and the plastic items as goals, markers and guides.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.