Friday, September 13, 2013

Anything Catch Your Attention This Evening?

Glad you asked.

The "no guns" sign is still up at Larry's but we went there anyway. Shame on us.

We have a guest at the Farm! Someone we've known for a long time, no matter who you ask. He lives in Meridian, Mississippi now, but we've all-- we think-- known him since Cincinnati. That's a long time, no matter who you ask. 

We took Greg to Larry's "sea food" buffet for supper. $17.95 all you can eat no crap legs, $24.95 "sea food" buffet with crap legs. 

When I saw that, I was ready to turn around and go back down the road to Sonic.  

$17.95! No way I can eat that much.

Mr. Big Food motioned me along and I gave it my best shot.

I did not get my money's worth. I did not have any frog legs from the sea. I did not have any cat fish from the sea. The boiled shrimp from the sea was overcooked. The fried shrimp was good. And so were the grits. But I did not get my money's worth.

I couldn't believe how packed the place was. Full of Moms and Dads and little kids sitting ducks. And then I had an ah-ha moment. That's how they make money. Some people do eat their money's worth. 
~~

For effect, we took Greg the back way to the Farm. Uneventful.

~~
Tomorrow, Mr. Big Food is smoking a pig shoulder. 

We've invited some folks over. 

Early on, there will be fun and games.

And then we will eat BBQ sandwiches. 

A Poem that caught my attention this evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.