Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Final Thoughts I (of II, maybe)

Where do I begin?
At the beginning, so not necessarily in order of importance.

I think I could make some claim about what it means to be a flower bed, and that this "bed" did not qualify as a flower bed, but that aside, I take issue with "beautiful."

The pansies were infested with aphids.
Moving on, let's look at "FOR OUR GUESTS ENJOYMENT."

Where to begin? At the the beginning which is GUESTS. Should be GUESTS'. But more interestingly, who is reading this sign? Who are "our guests?" YOU ARE! I AM!  We later come to find that you & I Smoke Cigarettes. Why don't they address you & me? Why do I care about your guests?
~~
I do appreciate the reminder to not butt my cigarette in the beautiful garden.
~~

Here's the thing that bugged me every time I looked at that sign.

If it had been a beautiful flower bed, I would be much more inclined to keep it that way.

I'm a good person, so I put my butt where it belonged. But if I weren't a good person, I don't think this sign would stop me from putting my butt in this beautiful garden.
~~

While Mr. Big Food and I were out & about, things changed. 

Rocky's leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.