Monday, February 20, 2012

Lunch at High Noon

Late this morning, someone at High Noon Café in Jackson, Mississippi made me one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches-- I chose the real cheese option-- I've ever had.

I am not keen on consuming "certified" "organically" "pure" foodstuff just because the stuff has a rubber stamp (thankfully no longer made from a rubber tree) assuring me of the purity of the lineage of individual carbon atoms in said foodstuff. And I wouldn't know the difference between cold pressed and warm or hot pressed (are these the alternatives?) olive oil if my life depended on it. But I do appreciate a very good grilled cheese sandwich on very good bread.

Mr. Big Food enjoyed the High Noon Burger-- a


beet burger--
accompanied by potato salad. 


Q: How hard is it to make vegan... oh wait. Come to think of it, there were no hard boiled eggs in it. The potato salad was good.



3 comments:

  1. Say it ain't so, a Beet Burger???

    ReplyDelete
  2. He said, "if this is what I'd have to eat it I were a vegan, it's not that bad."

    How about we have a homemade beet burger recipe contest? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Been vegetarian before, not going back.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.