Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hope and Sadness

I'm a bit behind in all things that pertain to the garden. (I must quit watching soap operas.) I just today placed my orders at Victory Seeds (my review here) and New Hope Seed Company (my review here). I'd done the prep work, which included taking stock of the seeds I have on hand, and working my way through the seed catalogs (on the World Wide Web) noting what I planned to order, but hadn't gotten around to actually placing order until today.

New Hope was my first stop. There was an announcement on the home page that the owner's sister had died, and so things were paused. I didn't take a screen shot of that message, but I checked just now and found this:

Life goes on.
I also checked Heirloom Seeds today. There's a family crisis going on there as well-- cancer, I believe. They've backed up their "we'll be back" date. When I reviewed Heirloom Seed nearly one month ago, they were hoping to begin taking new orders again as of 1/29. Now it's 2/26.

Check out New Hope and Heirloom Seeds. It'd be sad for everyone if they bought the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.