Thursday, February 9, 2012

Would anyone care for some

rutabagas?
Yesterday Rocky and I dug some from the ground. I'm not kidding!


Rocky is an excellent digger.
Of course, I should have done this months ago, so I have no idea what they will taste like. But Mr. Big Food said they looked fine. I don't care for rutabagas and we have more than enough to feed a small army. So let me know if you'd like some.
~~

There was good news and bad news associated with our dig. The good news is there are a lot of worms in the soil. I won't bother you with the grueling details of how much work we put into little patch of soil. The presence of the worms means it's beginning to pay off.

The bad news is there were stupid aphids on the leaves. Not many, but still-- aphids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.