Thursday, February 9, 2012

Suzy

As Readers Who Are Family may have noticed, I have talked (blogged) very little about Suzy, our Walker Hound who will turn 17½ years old in just a couple of days. I'm not superstitious, but I thought the less I tempted fate, the better.

That's silly!

Mr. Big Food and I were just chatting about how Rocky and Missy have affected Suzy's life. It's all good.

One of my motivations for getting a dog-- now known as Missy-- was ultimately Suzy. 

Mr. Big Food and I had a dog plan. When Suzy passed over, I would get a German Shepherd mutt, and he would get a hound dog. But then, Rocky came to live with us. 

Rocky's first day on the Farm

Suzy's a great old girl, and thanks to Rocky, she learned how to bark again. 

But two things were obvious: 1) Suzy wasn't passing over any time soon, and 2) Rocky needed a playmate.

~~
In the past year, a lot of dogs have traipsed through this house. Not to anthropomorphize, but I think Suzy's life was enriched by each & every one.  

2 comments:

  1. I love Suzy :) Please keep us updated on how she's doing (and more pics of Rocky/Missy please!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wake up every morning, and we go to bed every evening, remarking that she's still alive. And Flourishing, in her own Special Way.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.