Friday, June 29, 2012

Brine


I'll be honest with you. I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I was asked to make the brine. Even though we went over it this morning, there were some issues this afternoon. I called Mr. Big Food about the first and then winged the rest. 

The chicken is brining in the pot in the back fridge. I get it now. Tomorrow, there will be brined BBQed chicken. 

Oh, What a Life.

Meanwhile, I figured if I was going to be boiling brine, I might as well boil a simple syrup to give to those nasty hummingbirds.

I do not like humming birds. They are interesting, but I don't like them.
 


2 comments:

  1. Ummmm...so....why don't you like them? (Not that I particularly care...as they say, there's no accounting for taste" - but it just seems like an odd thing to me to dislike something so innocuous)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. I challenge your assumption that they are innocuous! :-)

    They are pesky little birds. The buzz my head and are attracted to MBF's hair. They are mean to each other. The males are especially greedy (not unlike many male cardinals, I'll add). Their manners are atrocious.

    And on top of all that, they are dumb. There are at least eight perches on the hummingbird feeder. Eight of them could sit quietly and sip all the sugar water they want. Every one could sip its fill. Is that what they do? No. One or two of the males will spend an incredible amount of energy guarding the feeder from the others-- without actually feeding. That's just dumb.

    Like I said, interesting. I don't like robins either. I do like bluebirds, mockingbirds (cat birds), blue jays, blue herons, gold finches, houses finches, and bald eagles, among other birds.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.