Thursday, November 29, 2012

Coyote Experts: They're Everywhere!

Yes. I meant that to be ambiguous. Seems as if coyotes and coyote experts are everywhere these days. 

I don't mind it at all when the coyotes who live on the Farm bark at night. I especially like it when we have City Mice staying with us-- the howling contributes so much to the City vs. Country Mice experience, I think. 

I'm afraid, however, I'm going to have to re-think that.

Seems Chicagoans are becoming quite familiar with coyotes.
From the article at MyFOXChicago (via Drudge):
"It doesn't concern me. I'm not afraid of them," a resident told us. "I'm personally just not worried about it."

"Unless you got cheeseburgers in your pocket or something you should be okay," another man said.
Experts. 

But hey-- even if you did have a cheeseburger in your pocket, what's the big deal? It's just a coyote. I bet you could take out a Chicago coyote with your concealed carry weapon coat or purse.

None of us have been bothered by the Farm coyotes. I read our newspaper every week and I've never seen mention of a coyote attack. So maybe the experts are right.

Related story:
"I can't fathom the idea of going to the mall and just thinking that under that coat over there, or in that purse, there might be a weapon," said Ald. Ricardo Munoz of the 22nd Ward. [IN CHICAGO] "We cannot allow concealed carry to be the law of the land."
 I bet he could if there was a coyote in the mall.

3 comments:

  1. I saw a coyote in my neighbor's yard! We have a lot of wildlife around here considering it's the burbs. There is a concerning lack of biodiversity at the creek behind our house, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no ecologist, but doesn't a LACK of something in an ecological area present an opportunity for something to fill the niche? Just asking.

    Coyote predators? Humans & _____ .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the problem with the creek is more along the lines of gross water. :/

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.