Thursday, November 15, 2012

Well, what do you know?!

A couple of years ago, I read somewhere that the history of the First Thanksgiving was not at all what the story of the First Thanksgiving is. The argument for this claim came from someone's reading of William Bradford's history of Plymouth. Naturally, I wanted to read passages from his crappy old book myself, so I spent some time this week tracking down internet versions of The History of Plymouth Colony. I found bewtieful original texts and modern English versions.

The problem is, I'm not keen on reading books on a computer screen. I'd about decided to not bother.
~~

You may recall our recent guest from Italy-- here on your dime, by the way-- forgot to make his bed. I called housekeeping and then got distracted. I realized just today housekeeping had not come! So I took the dogs out to the bunkhouse and got to work stripping the bed and picking up the blanket that our guest left on the floor between the bed and a bookshelf.

Beautiful!
1948
UPDATE: I should take inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.