Sunday, April 1, 2012

Is it wrong-- whatever that means--

to feed Missy 1/2 cup of corn dog food at 9:20 to calm her down? (Is it wrong-- whatever that means-- to put a one year old baby to bed with a bottle?)

Missy is a gaseous dog.

Live & learn.

Here in the Den, everyone is crashed out except Missy & I.

I did some haphazard research on dog food early on in Missy's life here on the Farm


and decided that I wasn't going to support corn subsidies. Corn is filling-- and God knows I love homegrown corn-- but corn should not be the first ingredient in food that's being fed to critters who are carnivores by nature.

Here's how I'm going to rationalize this. Missy got a sugar treat at the end of the evening.

Mr. Big Food baked us a chocolate something pie today which we will have as a treat tomorrow. 


1 comment:

  1. Ummmm....somewhere in the back of my brain, I seem to recall that chocolate is a bad thing for dogs. As are grapes. I don't understand the why of either one - assuming that they're true.

    Dogs seem to me to be omnivores, by the way. I wouldn't let the corn thing bother me - how does she look? If you fed them nothing but carnivore stuff, you'd have to come up with a _lot_ of meat to fill them up...!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.