Thursday, April 5, 2012

Small World / Small Courtesies

Today was a pain in the neck day. We had to go to Memphis. I don't mind going to Memphis but I was glad to be home earlier than I expected to be home because we'd found two new shortcuts. It stormed in the morning and rained in the afternoon. It's April.

When I opened the door, I met Buffet Beef in Beer smack in the face.
RECIPE: 


1C beer
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 envelope brown gravy mix.


Combine all in slow cooker. 


2 lbs. of roast of streak cut into 1" cubes
1/3C flour


Pour flour into freezer bag. Add beef cubes, shake to coat well. Pour contents of freezer bag into slow cooker and stir to coat each cube well with liquid. Cover and cook over low heat for eight to nine (8-9) hours. Stir well before serving over good buns.

We had a fresh picked salad to go with.

The days when we go away for substantial amounts of time-- hours on end-- are hard for all of us. We have a different routine on those days, and they don't like it. Missy is acting out right now. 


Anyway... . While Mr. Big Food was checking his email and we were going through a routine none of us like-- which involves them burning as much potential energy as is possible in the house-- I checked my email and Miss. M. called. 

Miss. M. is a baker. There's a Big Bakesale at Wrightsville Beach.  She's already baked some Heath Bar cookies, but she's looking for ideas, given what she has on hand and so forth.

After some preliminary back and forth that involved me, Mr. Big Food called Miss M. They spent some time working through the various sub-folders of "Desserts" in The Big Food Manual. 
~~

Miss. M. just called to tell me to tell Mr. Big Food that she's made Congo Bars from one of the one-half dozen recipes he'd just sent her. That was nice of her-- to call and say, "Thanks."

~~

 Meanwhile, I checked my email that's not set up on my "smart" phone, and I saw this:

I had completly forgotten about you and the guerilla farming until I checked my messages. I had saved an e-mail you had to have sent out a few years ago and this year was my first year actually planting a garden. I found a place where I could grow in the yard. And I don't think I would have done it had I not talked to you. Im pretty sure I talked to you at a farmers market. But I just thought it would be nice to say thank you for, I guess, inspiring me to feed my self. Haha
That was nice of her-- to email after several years to say, "Thanks."
~~

Small World / Small Courtesies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.