Monday, April 30, 2012

Signs of the time

I still can't get over that remark from one of our employees. She characterized us-- the citizens of the Hospitality State-- as "disgusting and shameful." She's entitled (isn't everyone) to her opinion, but I think it's ill-mannered to talk this way about your employers.

I was disappointed that there were so many weeds (not pictured) in the flower beds at TSUN.
As I mentioned, we traveled today to That School Up North (TSUN), located in Oxford, Mississippi (not to be confused with the real Oxford). I didn't purposefully go looking for evidence to the contrary-- that we are not disgusting & shameful-- but after reviewing the photos I took, that's what I found. We are neither disgusting nor shameful. (I think there are some grammatical issues in what she said, but it was a Twitter post.)

Granted, TSUN & Oxford are... how to say this?... different from the rest of Mississippi so we shouldn't be too quick to generalize, but still, that's what I found. 

B&N serves Starbuck coffee. I don't care for Starbucks coffee. But it's hardly disgusting. I will say the student body at TSUN used to dress better than they do these days. I guess it's a sign of the times that they look remarkably like State students.



Walk this way.


Champion
 Zoom in. It says, "[T]he heartwood is resistant to deterioration." 


There should be no shame in growing old. That's a normative claim. 



There's a bench beneath the tree.

Loyal Rebel.
I could be wrong about this, but I don't think it's shameful to be loyal to rebellious cause, is it? 

Especially when you have a Creed.


Class of 2005
Disgusting and shameful-- to Believe in Respect, Fairness, Civility, Integrity, Honesty, Freedom, Stewardship.

I make fun of TSUN a lot. But it's a good school.

Lyceum below.




Read it.

Courage

Nostalgia



I see these old trucks at State, too. As a tax payer, I appreciate them. I don't think they are disgusting at all. I think we should be proud that the folks at out public institutions are keeping up our equipment.

Zoom in on the center to see The Flag.
Who is in charge?
This one cracked me up. If you rely on Braille to navigate the world, and you are looking for Room 022, you are screwed. Unless you bump into someone and ask where Room 022 is. 


Stay away.  We are a disgusting and shameful lot.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.