Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Have a Book About Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving: Its Origin, Celebration and Significance as Related in Prose and Verse. Robert Haven Schauffler, ed. Dodd, Mead and Company, New York. 1953.
I'm on page 23-- after a lengthy 12 1/2 page Introduction-- and I'm disappointed. But I'll keep reading and see what I can find to share. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking about what it might have been like to be the sort of person who felt so strongly about something that you were willing to do what the first colonizers did. 

Meanwhile, ...

Do not click to read more if you do not want to see a picture of a dead animal.



Nick got one.

They figure, based on dental data, that she was about two years old. We have an abundance of two year olds out here. Bambi's mother was a two year old. I appreciated that Nick always said, "she" and "her." I thought that was very respectful.


And then we had supper.
Look at Rocky-- way back in the center.
We miss Daughter C. She loves this sort of stuff... gettin the Xmas linens out and stuff.

 I will get the Christmas dishes out-- it's Thanksgiving, after all. But I'll leave the decorating to y'all. I will be happy to chop things down and gather things up and do what you'd like me to do, but I leave the overall design to you.

 Where will you put the tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.