Thursday, November 14, 2013

No, Nancy. That's NOT what you do.

“At the beginning of every Congress we take an oath of office to protect and defend — that’s our first responsibility. It’s an honor to take that oath, but I’m ashamed to be here to face all of you not having finished the job yet,” said in her opening remarks.

“We must be relentless in how we pursue this, how we protect and defend the American people. In the two decades since the Brady Bill was signed into law, over two million gun requests did not get approved. Imagine: it stopped two million illegal gun purchases and helped protect millions of Americans from the incomprehensible tragedy felt by all of you here today,” she added.

(All of it here. My emphasis)

Let me set you straight on a little something, Nancy. You take an oath to protect and defend THE CONSTITUTION. How stupid do you think I am? I have the in-ter-net. I can check these things, you know.


I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

And just to refresh your memory, Nancy, here's what part of the Constitution of the United States of American says:


A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Got it? Now sit down and shut up like a nice old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.