Sunday, January 22, 2012

Everyone should have one

His or her very own shooting range, that is.
It's quite the setup. Between the two cedars is strung some chicken wire. Attach by clothespins are some paper plates. On and near the blue plastic thing are coffee cans-- for shotgun practice.

They spent over two hours out there on a gloomy afternoon.
One of these guys is a first-time gun owner! Yippee!! The four of them came out a few hours earlier than the rest of those who attended yesterday's gathering. Isn't that considerate? Mr. Big Food and I put our loaded handguns away because there were kids. Isn't that considerate? 

The only one who wasn't considerate yesterday was poor Missy. She had a tummy ache, so her inconsideration was understandable. 

I still have to post the recipe for the latest Fall/Winter Soup Contest entrant. I have a post in the works about our house guest and his thoughts on rural Mississippi, which he liked very much. But first there's furniture rearranging and floor scrubbing and laundry. I'll be back. 

~~
The camera wasn't the only thing I was shooting. I did well enough, so did Mr. Big Food. But we should practice more. I mean, it's not like we don't have our own shooting range, now is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.