Saturday, January 28, 2012

I think she's starting to have some Life in her eyes.

She's experiencing more and more Freedom.
And with Freedom, comes Responsibility. If you want the Freedom to run around like crazy, you have to take Responsibility for your actions. LEARN.

My biggest fear is that the china cupboard will come down. 

And so, I'm teaching them to STOP. It's working pretty well. I didn't realize it, but I must have been issuing STOP commands on a timely schedule. Late in the day, when we are all worn out, they stop of their own accord and look at me. 

Good Puppies.

So this is my gripe about all of the dog training stuff I see on line. There's no sense of real life. So I am figuring it out for myself.

Here's what I've learned so far. 
When Missy arrived at the Farm, there were three H. sapiens, two dogs, and a cat. I've learned that we are all on the same page with respect to training Missy. 

We all have our own way of going about it, but teaching her flexibility is a good thing, isn't it? One of the on-line how to teach your dog things said you should write a list of commands so each member of your family used the same command word. R U kidding me? Shouldn't a smart dog be able to figure out that when I say, "Pee" to Missy as I've gotten her out of her box and made her SIT and maybe give me her PAW, and C. says, "Go Potty" to Missy as she's gotten her out of her box and made her SIT and maybe given C. her PAW, we mean the same thing?

Rocky is becoming an Excellent Dog.

He can translate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.