Friday, July 20, 2012

I didn't build that.

Someone else did that. Thank you, Someone Else!
~~
As long time readers know, Friday is 'Venture off The Farm, Go to Starkvegas Day.' And although it didn't work out quite as I had planned-- I was running behind and didn't get a single shot of Dunn (Main) Street-- I did manage to snap a photo or two of folks I want to thank for building my little corner of America.

Long layers, $9
All of the photos below were taken while I was driving. There is no Law against photographing and driving.


Stewart's Body Shop

We get the oil in the truck changed here. Clay is a good guy. When we got the new truck, and needed  a new hitch thingy, Clay turned us on to the 3-way hitch.

"The store" with a restaurant. I do not want to see the nutritional labeling on the menu.
Turner Fence
White's Welding. It gets hot in there in the summer what with all that welding.
Mary & Jesse White made the grills that began this blog.

Nu-Way Hardware is overpriced, but convenient. The folks are super helpful. One taught me how to snake a toilet.
Jim's Auto Parts is priced right. The folks at Jim's can convert British (English?) to metric.
Southern Belle is a T-Shirt company specializing in T-Shirts which appeal to Southern Belles.

I haven't even made it to the highway yet. ...



There's a story here, too.

2 comments:

  1. Except for the climate, it looks a lot like the part of western IL where I grew up. People seem pretty much the same, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they do the 'farmer wave' in Western IL, too. One or two fingers barely raised from the steering wheel.

      Delete

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.