Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reporting a BIG Breakthrough!

Missy & Rocky & I go to the pond puddle pasture nearly every morning. Missy can't be off her leash yet, except in the fenced in pasture (too easily distracted), and although Rocky can be, he walks on a leash to the pasture so that we can practice "Heel." This means that, except when Mr. Big Food joins us, nearly every morning I go to the pond puddle pasture twice. I don't mind-- it's a nice pasture and I enjoy looking out for the fire ant hills and checking myself for ticks every couple of minutes and mopping sweat from my brow before 8am. And I really do love watching them play by themselves. But it is the end of July and it is Mississippi and I do have things to do and Lord knows I don't need any more exercise. So...

This morning I took them both to the pasture, together, myself! All that "Heel!" stuff we've been working on actually worked (sort of). BIG breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.