Sunday, August 12, 2012

Neon Dogs

Rocky (L) & Missy (R) in the kitchen last evening.
[Original photo enhanced in GIMP.]

Note the crappy old iron on top of the waste basket in the center of the photo.

I'm no artist, but I think it's lovely.
Some weeks ago, I splurged on new waste baskets for the kitchen because as Missy grew taller and taller and taller, her ability to reach deeper and deeper and deeper into the lid-less waste baskets improved considerably. Yes. Yes. Yes. I know I should just teach her to not do that. But dude, this is real life and the Dog Whisper ain't coming out to the Farm any time soon and Daughter C-- the disciplinarian-- no longer lives here. So I decided that as Rocky and Missy are dogs, I'd re-fit the kitchen with waste baskets with dog-proof lids.

I bought two. The inexpensive one is for paper trash, and stuff that if there were recycling out here in my little county in rural Mississippi would count as recycling. To open it, you must push a button on the top of the lid. The expensive one-- the one pictured-- is for actual garbage that, since we have a septic system, is too garbage-y for the garbage disposal. To open it, you must push a foot petal. Dog-Proof! Unless, of course, you are Missy who figured out that she can simply lift the lid with her nose and stick her head in. 

So... the expensive waste basket is secured with a crappy, heavy old iron. 

By the way, it's an electric iron, although there's no way to plug it into Modern Day sources of electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.