Sunday, August 5, 2012

NOLA: Final Thought

The trip home was uneventful. Turns out, when you are anxious to return home, 46 miles of causeway, give or take, turns into just 46 miles at 76mph, or about 2/3 hour, give or take, of road over water. I'm cured. 

After doing all of the getting back home stuff, I sat down to catch up and found that folks at one of my go-to site were discussing Lost Children.
I look at so many of the really nice kids that I meet in our neighborhood and in our church and they are, to put it simply, utterly, totally, hopelessly lost! Many of them have college degrees and still have no idea of what they want to do. They have no idea of how the world works. They are college graduates and they live at home. They wait for someone to help guide them (i.e., parents). Many of them are hopelessly in debt. I would have to conclude that our generation’s parents have failed them.
I purged my thoughts about the kids and parents in the comments. 

RELATED: I wish the dogs could talk b/c I'm curious about what Daughter C's 46 guests cooked here this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.