|Good times, though this isn't the best picture of Rocky.|
|This is a better photo of Rocky, vicious Pit Bull.|
|We had Polish Meatballs with Sour Cream Sauce for Sunday Supper.|
We watched "The Trouble with Tribbles" episode of the Original Star Trek. What fun.
Man. Those Kingons sure did evolve a lot physically between 2269 and 2364 A.D. (or, if you prefer, between Stardates ~30000 and 41000).
As you know, the world is going to hell in a handbasket. "They" are coming for our guns, our freedoms, our rights, our lives. And so, below, please find the chronology of 23rd Century History, according to Star Trek-- complete with alternative timelines-- courtesy, some geek who contributes to Wikipedia.
I have a great photograph of Daughter C and Miss M standing at a marker commemorating the future birthplace of Jame Tiberius Kirk in Riverside Iowa, 2233. I took it in 2000, maybe 2001. I cannot find it.
So here's where you can help me out, Mr./Ms Low-Man-on-the-Totem-Who's-Tasked-with-Reading-My-Little-Blog. I know I've posted this photo before. It's a classic. So if you have a few spare minutes, could you look around and find it? I've already checked Picasa on line-- nothing. I did dabble with Photobucket but can't for the life of me remember what my password was. Check your records.
I need help and it seems to me you are the only one I know who has the resources to help me find this photo.
It shouldn't be too hard. You have multiple face scans of Daughter C and Miss M. Turn the faces into teenagers and go look.
What am I paying you for? Go find me the photo.
23rd Century below.
- 2233 (alternate timeline)
- James T. Kirk is born aboard a shuttlecraft from the USS Kelvin.
- James T. Kirk's father, George Kirk, is killed.
- Nyota Uhura is born in the United States of Africa. This fits with the alternate timeline, unlike her alternate birth date of 2239, for the latter would suggest her only being nineteen in the film.
- 2241 (New Timeline)
- Pavel Chekov born in Russia
- The USS Enterprise, a Constitution class vessel is launched under the command of Robert April, on a five-year mission of exploration. In the alternate timeline created by Nero's attack on the U.S.S. Kelvin, the Enterprise is still under construction in 2255 and is not launched on her maiden voyage until 2258.
- 2258 (alternate timeline)
- The events of Star Trek take place. Nero destroys the planet Vulcan – killing billions, including Spock's mother – as well as 38–40 Federation warships. The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) is launched on her maiden voyage under Captain Christopher Pike. James T. Kirk becomes the ship's new captain shortly afterward. Henceforth, a different timeline is required.
- 2259 (alternate timeline)
- The events of Star Trek Into Darkness take place.
- 2260 (alternate timeline)
- Enterprise is launched on a historic five-year mission.
- Boothby, groundskeeper and counselor at Starfleet Academy, is born.
- The events of "Where No Man Has Gone Before".
- The events of Star Trek: The Original Series take place.
- The events of Star Trek: The Animated Series take place.
- The events of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
- The events of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. (Note that this film apparently takes place very nearly after the fourth film, as evidenced by Scotty's complaints about repairing the ship after its shakedown cruise, which was depicted at the end of Star Trek IV. Star Trek V would then take place in early 2287, with the events of Star Trek IV spanning most of 2286, with several months passing after Kirk's return to the future to account for the preparation of the Enterprise-A and Gillian's training for her space assignment.)