Sunday, December 8, 2013

Imminent

You're going to have to trust me. I am not making this up.

The other day I picked up a few books at Palmer Home-- 1/2 price, $0.50. I'm just now getting around to cataloging them. About 20 minutes ago I was cataloging Instant Weather Forecasting by Alan Watts (Dodd, Mead & Company, New York, 1968). It's a nifty little book. It has pictures of various skies and an explanation as to what they portend on the facing pages. Hey! I'll play along. 

This is the sky pictured in the book which most closely resembles what the sky above me looked like about 20 minutes ago.

This is the facing page which says "Imminent rain or snow; ... Rain (or snow) within the next 20 minutes."
And this is what the sky above looked like 20 minutes later, just as it started to rain!

Is that wild or what? You know what this means, don't you? Give me a couple more days of practice and I'll never have to rely on weather dot anything ever again! I am thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.