Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Redemption

You may recall, I have a book about Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving: Its Origin, Celebration and Significance as Related in Prose and Verse. Robert Haven Schauffler, ed. Dodd, Mead and Company, New York. 1953. [published originally in 1907]
Yesterday afternoon, after I propped open the front door to let some warm fresh air in, I finally got around to skimming the remaining pages and am pleased to announce, that after a rough start, this crappy old book does contain some interesting passages.

Here's the first I bookmarked:




  And the classic



Over the river and through the wood,
To Grandfather's house we go;
The horse knows the way
To carry the sleigh
Through white and drifted snow.


There's a bit more worth reading and sharing. I'll save it for next year, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.