|French Meatless Vegetable Soup.|
Blogger's search function is being uncooperative, but based on keyword "soup," I've cobbled together this list of the nine soups that vied for winner, each with at least one link. (I've included dates because sometimes the recipes and the descriptions were in different posts. If you're interested in either, you should be able to find it if my links are messed up.)
In chronological order... [entrant #, date, name]
1. 11/3: Beer Cheese Broccoli Soup (Includes recipe)
2. 11/18-19: Slow Cooker Potato Cheese Soup with Wieners (Winner for me until #7); Recipe
3. 12/7-8: Corn and Sausage Chowder; Recipe
4. 12/31: Chili Soup (includes recipe)
5. 1/9: Tomato Rice Soup with Pesto (includes recipe; also has good links if I've messed them up above))
6. 1/23: Split Pea and Smoked Turkey Soup (includes recipe; second place for me until #2 was bumped by #7)
7. 1/30-31: Sausage Sauerkraut Soup in Slow Cooker (displaces #2 as winner); Recipe
8. 2/7: Sportsman's Lodge Lentil Soup (CONTEST WINNER); Recipe
9. 3/2: Rutabaga Soup Ha. Looks like I never posted the recipe for this one. I mention it, but cannot find it.
Thanks for bearing with me while I sorted that all out.
And now to French Meatless Vegetable Soup.
#2 is in Second Place. I thought the Hot Potato Soup (recipe) was better. I made this soup. I scraped 37 pounds of carrots and turnips and whatnot. It's a good healthy soup. Miss M thinks I didn't season it appropriately, and that may well be. I would have left out the pasta, as it seemed to soak up too much of the good veggie broth. In the cooking of it-- a three hour affair-- it did impart to the kitchen a wonderful fragrance. So it's got that going for it. And it was good.
But I liked the potato soup better. I'm partial to potato soups.
If you're keeping score, Miss M and Mr. Big Food have this one ranked #1; AL & I liked the potato soup better. TIE GAME.
Let's do some math. Last time we did a soup contest, we had nine contestants. Let's imagine we have 12 this year. That's 3 per quarter. So, with five minutes left in the first quarter, the game is tied.