Fulsome is the third 'F' word we've had since we started playing our little word-sentence game over two weeks ago. The others were 'flaunt' and 'felial.'
Since our last guessing game went over so well-- thanks to all who participated!-- what say we do it again?
Match the author to his/her sentence.
A. Miss M
B. Daughter C
D. Mr. Big Food
1. My meeting with the job candidate was full of fulsome praise.
2. Fulsome praise is the crack cocaine of personal relationships.
3. Rehearsing his speech, [he] stood before the mirror with fulsome pride and remarked, "I am the Messaih, er... I mean, hope you are looking for."
4. He was so tin-eared he wasn't insulted even when her sardonic quips turned fulsome.
5. Though she appreciated her professor's praise, the student wondered if his comments weren't a bit fulsome.