Sunday, October 20, 2013

Plato Wrote an Allegory | Who Knew That?

I confess that I almost never think about Plato. Aristotle, sure. But Plato

Plato's rough draft was titled, "The Allegory of the Shadow-Box."
--Mr. Big Food

I wonder what Plato's allegory would look like?
--Daughter C

"The City Mouse and the Country Mouse" is an allegory for my life for more than a few years now.
--Dr. Mike

The spiritual tone of Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Less Taken" reminds me of a cold and dreary day, which itself is an allegory.
--Nick

The prosecutor convinced the jury of the defendant's guilt with an allegory describing the pain and suffering he had committed.
--Chris

References to Plato's "Allegory of the Cave" have become trite... but then again references to Plato of any sort have become trite.
--A. Leland

I spent my morning reading about "Pilgrim's Progress," an allegory by John Bunyan.
--Marica

Reflecting on these sentences, I bet dollars to donuts this is the one & only blog on the whole entire World Wide Web that has Plato, Bunyan, Frost, and the classic, The City Mouse & The Country Mouse in the same post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.