Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What's Next? Dog Parks?

I took the dogs out later than usual this morning. They had a great run! After we finished up  our post-run chores, I sat down to peruse the World-Wide-Web and we got into a conversation.


"What are you finding?" Missy asked.
"Ruff?"

"Well," I said, "there's still the idiocy of shutting down unmanned National Parks. We talked about that earlier."

"Ruff."

"Yes, I remember. You were in a bit of a snit about that this morning."

"Yes. I hope I didn't upset you."

"Oh. Not at all. We've learned turpitude really pisses you off."

"Ruff! Ruff!"

"But I have a question. They won't be shutting down any dog parks, will they? I only ask because from what you've told us about the differences between country and city life, I can imagine those City Dogs must really love their dog parks. Poor dears."

"RUFF?!"

"I don't think there's any danger of that happening, Missy. To the best of my knowledge the National Parks Service isn't in the dog park business... yet. And no, Rocky, they can't close your pastures just because you run in them. As I understand it, a park has to receive federal funding before it can be shut down. We receive no federal funding-- in fact, quite the opposite, we pay the Treasury-- so you're safe."

"Ruff?"

"How can you say this with such certainty, Marica? You always say, 'There's no tellin' what they'll do'."

"Rrrrufff!"

3 comments:

Be nice. Nothing inappropriate, please.