Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Recipe: Tossed Salad
We had friends over last Saturday. For supper Mr. Big Food made Oven Cooked Rice, Shrimp Creole Belle, and Eggplant Parmigiana II. I tossed us up a little salad. Here's how to do that.
1. About 45 minutes before you serve supper, go to your garden and pick some lettuce, small leaves of spinach, baby giant red mustard greens and a few cherry tomatoes.
2. Bring them inside, rinse and spin, put in a pretty bowl.
3. Open the fridge and gather some radishes and grapes and whathaveyou. Slice them. Add to top of greens.
4. Wet a paper towel and cover the salad.
5. Put bowl in fridge to chill.
6. Serve with the homemade dressing you made earlier in the day.
See how easy that is?